Tuesday, November 2, 2010

What got me here?

This is a loaded question I have asked myself numerous times. As it has to do with coaching, I was in need of a group to keep me accountable for this new sport that my brother double dog dared me into.

I took my skills as a security facilitator and put them to use in the triathlon arena. I secured basic things that all athletes need and/or want and reached out to the community. I still thought I should know more about the basics of triathlon. So, I enrolled in the USAT Level 1 coaching class. At the end of the three day symposium they handed out test to become certified, I passed. No, I passed on taking the test. I went to get more knowledge not to be certified. As Socrates said, "knowledge is power". So, know where the bathrooms are at all times and you shall too have the power!

Human Powered Racing was born in January 2004.

And so, seven years of guiding, motivating, creating, training, communicating, teaching, shaping, and racing with teammates of my team HPR in triathlon I have become a coach. Hell I've was always been the coach, I'm just having fun with it now that I have Jeremy.

All this because of a double dog dare in doing a half iron in Panama City, FL.

Thanks Bro, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment